It’s that time of year again….New York Fashion Week is here and it’s time we get prepared for the intense and exciting week of shows, parties, and blogging. No matter how you participate in NYFW, you have to come prepared. What you wear to the shows is key, but just as important, is what you carry. Although the shows for the big names are fun, my primary focus is to see the independent shows for up and coming designers, I spend a lot of time in cabs or subways going from one area of the city to the other. That is why it is important to bring a bag full of essential items for surviving the week in style.
- iPad & iPhone – Gadgets are a girl’s best friend during NYFW. It is essential for taking pictures, notes, and for managing your social media channels. If you have access to more than one phone take it; the more tech savvy items in your bag the better.
- Power Up – Trust me, the Starbucks across from Lincoln Center will be packed with NYFW goers, so it’s best bring portable battery packs to juice up your iPhone so you never miss a moment. These colorful Jonathan Adler tech accessories are perfect for making a fashion statement.
- Handbag (J.Crew)– of course I can’t go on any further without mentioning the bag that will store all of these NYFW essentials. I’d love to carry a small stylish clutch with me to the shows but let’s get real! There is a lot to lug around, and you’ll need some extra room for free goodies. This is a chic and stylish bag that is versatile enough to get you from day to night.
- Refresh Yourself – I never leave home without this YSL Radiant Concealer or a bright red lipstick, so of course they’re in my NYFW bag. The concealer is perfect for covering up those pesky under eye dark circles and any blemishes. And in order to stand out in the crowd and give yourself a boost of confidence, make sure your lips shine with a bright color. With these makeup tools, you will stay radiant all day long.
- Chia Bar – These tasty bars are truly a natural and healthy snack that will get you through the day. Trust me, they work. I usually munch on one right before a SoulCycle class. When you are going from show to you rarely have time to stop for a bite. Chia Bars will satisfy your hunger and give you the energy and you so desperately need.
- Band Aid stick – You may love your pumps but they don’t always reciprocate. You have whole week of events and that’s a lot of shoes. So in order to prevent painful blisters, rub this stick over areas of your feet to keep them away. It works wonders!
- Fold Up Flats – For those who insist on wearing heels even in the snow and ice, you must have a pair of these flats in your bag. They are so stylish in this metallic hue. They fold up so they are easy to hide in your bag and are comfortable when running the city. Give your feet a rest they will thank you later.
- Business Card Holder – One very important part of NYFW is networking. Fashion Week is social but it’s still work. You want to make connections and build your brand or company. Therefore, keep your business cards in a cute and easy to find case so you are ready to represent yourself properly. You have about 30 seconds to make a great impression so make it count!