1. Enjoy a day at the spa! Pamper her with amazing spa treatments like; mani/pedis, hot stone messages, or a facial. Here’s a link to my favorite spa located in SOHO; Haven.
2. Show her a good time at the Mother’s Day Garden Party hosted by the Botanical Gardens. Enjoy food, music, games, and the beautiful scenery. It’ll be a fun time for just the two of you or the entire family!
3. Take in a show! Check out this link for discount theater tickets. If you don’t have a show in mind, here are this year’s Tony Award nominees. See if there are any on this list she’ll enjoy. I recommend Beautiful: The Carol King Musical.
5. Appreciate some art by attending the Met’s Costume Institute exhibit! Spend the afternoon looking at the beautiful gowns by couturier Charles James. See what all the Met Gala fuss was all about.
6. Afterwards, have a fun time walking through Central Park share a picnic, rent bikes, or just sit and talk.
7. Indulge yourself by treating her to Magnolia Bakery for cupcakes to get a true NYC experience. Afterwards, enjoy some mother/daughter window shopping in SOHO.
9. Another fun outdoor activity for mom would be a stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge. Start on either side and enjoy a leisure walk and gorgeous views.
10. Be a kid again by taking your mom to Coney Island! Roller coasters, hot dogs, cotton candy, and fun in the sun, what’s not to love? I have a confession though. I’ve never been to Coney Island. So, please let me know in the comments what I’m missing, and I will schedule a trip.