Boy is it hot outside! I don’t know about you, but I am getting the heck out of dodge this weekend. It is way too hot to stay in the concrete jungle of New York City. Instead, I am taking baby Cooper, dog, and husband out of town, to my in-laws’ home, to enjoy some poolside fun. It is going to be Cooper’s first car ride and I even got him a little swimsuit for the pool. The weekend is sure going to be an adventure; hopefully one that we’ll look back fondly on. One good thing that has come out of my weekend plans is that it has inspired today’s post. So, you tell me, what are the essential items that you pack for a weekend getaway? I, for one, am guilty of over packing. I never know what I am going to want. However, no matter how tempting it is, a weekend really isn’t long enough to take everything you own. That is why I have gotten used to narrowing it down to just a few essential items that will go well together. When packing, you have to think of what you actually need, not what you want. Most importantly, you have to always be prepared for any type of activity, party, or weather. So here is what I pack for my weekend trips.
1. The top of my list is a good overnight bag. You want it to be roomy but not so big that you bring too much stuff. I personally love this bag by Everlane. It is chic for any type of destination.
2. I am obsessed with Eberjey’s PJ sets and I don’t like to leave home without them. This set is both comfortable and cool for a warm summer night in the country
4. Taking pictures are a must when you’re traveling and I can’t get enough of this adorable Polaroid camera. Plus, Polaroids are infinitely more fun than taking pictures on your phone.
5. Do I really have to explain these adorable sunnies? I didn’t think so!
8. This Clare V. clutch is my absolute favorite every day bag. It can be worn both day and night so it is perfect for traveling. I am all for taking more than one handbag with you, but if you are only going to bring one, make it this beauty!
9. A pretty summer dress is a must, and what is more stylish than a crisp white wrap dress? A LWD (little white dress) is very important for your summer wardrobe. I highly suggest you invest in one.
10. Even more classic than a LWD are nude heeled sandals. They go with everything and can be worn day or night.
11. I tend to wear a lot of white and blue in the summer, which is why I pack at least one pop of color. This coral camisole is the perfect choice.
12. I prefer wearing dresses, but it can get cool at nights, so I always pack a pair of boyfriend jeans. They aren’t too warm and they can be a nice casual option for hanging out between activities.
13. When you’re out in your LWD and nude sandals and the sun goes down, just throw on your jean jacket for some warmth. I always like to be prepared and, in the summer, I never leave home without a jean jacket.
14. You need an everyday shoe, and that is why I always pack my favorite pair of Converse sneakers. They go with everything, are super comfortable, and they don’t take up a lot of room. It’s a win-win!
That does it. I would love to hear from you in the comments below what you like to pack for your trips. Happy weekend!