September is probably one of my favorites months. What’s not to love? With the arrival of fall, we have exciting new fashions to wear, NYFW, and cooler weather. It is also nice to have some relaxing time before the holidays begin. There are also professional and personal reasons why I love this month. For one thing, I am celebrating a couple of anniversaries. Not only will my husband and I have our two-year wedding anniversary, but, also, this blog will be turning three years old! I cannot believe how much this blog and I have grown. There will be some exciting changes happening soon and I cannot wait to share them with you all. I want to continue to push myself and connect with all of my readers through my day-to-day life. Forget January; this month is the beginning of a whole new year for me, and I cannot wait to see what’s yet to come! Not excited yet? Well maybe this list of My Favorite Things for September will change your mind!
1. ZARA BLAZER: I have never met a blazer that I didn’t like. Even though Zara’s collection this season is a bit 70’s trend heavy for me, I think their blazers on point. I cannot decide which one I love more. Maybe you can help me choose!
2. NYFW: Even though we have fall fashion on our minds, remember that starting September 10th, the designers at New York Fashion Week will be presenting their Spring/Summer ’16 collections. The shows are moving to Chelsea Piers, and I cannot wait to see what the designers have in-store for us. In addition to the shows, I love the energy that the shows bring to New York, and all of the creative street style looks.
3. SEPTEMBER ISSUE: Speaking of fashion, if you love fashion then your mailman broke his back delivering all of the September Issues to you. I haven’t even gotten close to getting through them all, but I am already incredibly inspired by the fall editorials. Which magazine is your favorite?
4. A NEW SEASON OF SHOWS: Who else is excited for our favorite TV shows to return? Even though I do miss them, I am excited to discover new shows and I am already in love with Hulu’s original series, Difficult People. Are you watching?
5. APPLES TO APPLES: I know that once fall hits, everyone is gaga for pumpkin; but instead apples scream fall to me. Head out of the city and go apple picking, bake a pie, and enjoy all of the scrumptious things apples have to offer this month.
6. LIPS AS RED AS ROSE: During the summer my makeup is very light and romantic with pink lips. Once September hits though, I bring out my favorite rich hues like Bordeaux and classic red. No one’s lipsticks do it better than Dior, so check them out!