Spring is creeping around the corner, and no one is happier about it than I am. Now, I know, we had a very mild winter, but there is nothing better than taking long walks outside, flowers blooming, and longer days. While we wait for warmer days, we need to start getting our closets prepared for a new season of fashion. All of your favorite stores are currently selling spring collections and this is the best time to shop. If you start shopping now, you’ll be sure to have a bigger selection and more sizes available to you. The only problem is that, at least where I live, it’s not quite warm enough to wear the newer clothes. March can still be cool and, as much as you want to wear lighter layers, you can’t just yet. However, I am so sick of turtlenecks, heavy coats, and tights. All I want to wear are my new purchases. That is why I am bringing back one of my favorite stories, Now vs. Later. This is when I choose three items that I love wearing for spring that, when paired well, can work for winter too. We are in that annoying transitional time of year when one day it’s hot and the next day it’s cold. The only way to survive is by layering, and I’ve become a pro at it.
White jeans are my favorite because they can be paired with any color and style top. I really can’t wait any longer to wear them, so, before it gets warm, pair these jeans with a chunky sweater and your favorite jacket. Then, when the weather changes, wear it with a light blouse and sandals for a softer look.
1. H&M – Melange Sweater | 2. Asos – Duffle Bag | 3. TopShop – White Jeans | 4. Jules Smith – Earrings | 5. Charles & Keith – Booties
1. Mango – Printed Blouse | 2. Gigi New York – Kelly Saddle Bag | 3. TopShop – White Jeans | 4. Allison Cole Jewelry – Nautical Rope Bracelet | 5. Vince Camuto – Tarita Sandal
I recently bought this dress and I want to start wearing it as soon as possible. For the now outfit I styled it with a heavy coat, scarf, and booties. This will make you more comfortable until you can ditch the layers for flats and a lighter trench. If you’re still in need of layers, try wearing it over a light turtleneck.
1. H&M – Jacket | 2. Charles & Keith – Slouchy Bag | 3. Madewell – Checked Shirt Dress | 4. Humble Chic – Infinity Scarf | 5. Nine West – Bootie
1. Kate Spade New York – Square Studs | 2. Zara – City Bag | 3. Madewell – Checked Shirt Dress | 4. H&M – Trenchcoat | 5. Asos – Tie Up Flats
I love this floral midi skirt from Zara and I have a feeling that this won’t be its last appearance on the blog. There are so many different ways I want to wear this for spring: with a blouse, flats, heels, a chambray shirt. The list just goes on and on. But, in the meantime, a sweater or turtleneck would look great with it. I suggest you find some rich colors for some contrast, either with a navy bag or chocolate brown booties.
1. Mango – Turtleneck | 2. Gigi New York – Chelsea Crossbody | 3. Zara – Floral Print Skirt | 4. Jules Smith – Earrings | 5. Louise et Cie – Vianne Bootie
1. J.Crew Factory – Chambray Shirt | 2. Sole Society – Vaughn Clutch | 3.Zara – Floral Print Skirt | 4. KT Collection – Cluster Turquoise Necklace | 5. Sole Society – Caged City Sandal
Questions? Comments! Feel free to connect with Eat.Shop.Live.NYC on: